Big thanks to Jack Kelley and John Ketarkus who sponsored DeRango's Pizza today.
Three sheet pizzas, one Cheese & Sausage, one Cheese & Pepperoni, one 1/2 Cheese/Sausage & 1/2 Veggie. Dessert was Birthday Cake in celebration of the Birthday Boys.......Photos compliments of Dave Benjamin '61, Dick Graceffa brought a 12 pac of Soda and 18 bags of Fritos.
Tom Konieczko - 76, Dick Heidenreich - 92, Terry Toll - 76 yrs young
Lunch Sponsors Jack Kelley '58 H, John Ketarkus '56
Joining Us: Pat (Ingrasci) Nielsen, Joe Ingrasci, Fr Ron Crewe, Bob Broihier,
Rick Jones, Jack Kelley, Tom Konieczko, Joe Macareno, Anna Macareno, Terry Toll,
Dan DeMatthew, Amy DeMatthew, Gary Schonert, Dick Peterson, Dan Bentz, Joe Woitach, Dick Heidenreich, Alia Onaczynski, Dave Benjamin, Jeff Tarkowski, Kory Borek,
Cinti Sanchez, Dr Parisa Meymand, Dan Kavara, John Ketarkus, Denise Ketarkus,
George Oteman, Dan Peterson, Del Alton, Sara Monks, Bob Letsch, Bobby Letsch,
Rick Rabalais, George Gordon, Dave O'Brien, John Miller, John "JB" Busey
• Special Guests:
Denise Ketarkus '71 with Big Brother John Ketarkus '56
Joe Macareno '76, with wife Anna
Rick Rabalais '71 in Racine visiting family - he's up from Florida
• Cribbage: Table #1 NO COMPLETE REPORT..........Late Report !! Dave Benjamin and Bob Letsch won two games, their victims will remain nameless,
Ya think - maybe Frank D'Acquisto & Bobby Letsch both lost !!!
• Angels Connecting/ in the News.............
• Dan Peterson connected with Tyrese Hunter's brother Brian and secured 2 tickets for Dr Robert Jaklich '76 and his son Bobby Jr to attend the Texas vs Kansas Men's Basketball game this past Saturday at the Moody Center in Austin, Texas. They had a great time, Texas won 75 - 59 and Tyrese Hunter '21 was one of the Longhorns stars with 20 pts.
Tyrese on the line Dr J and son Bobby Jr JumboTron
• Racine News............
• Catch Boys HS Basketball with Dick Graceffa '69 "Play by Play"
• This week, DG Sports will be covering the Boys Basketball Sectional Semifinal when the Racine St. Catherine's Angels face off with the St. Thomas More Cavaliers. This will be the third meeting of these teams this season, with The Angels winning both regular season games vs. The Cavaliers. The game will be played at Greenfield H.S. on Thursday, March 9th with a 7pm tipoff.
The game audio will be streamed live starting at 6:40pm. Listeners can hear the stream online on Mixlr at: https://dgsports.mixlr.com/events/2098480 or on the Mixlr app (click on Listen and enter DGSports in the search box) or on the Game Mic app, both available free for iOS or Android. The game will also be archived at dgsports.mixlr.com and on the app.
• Just a reminder for WIAA tournament games, everyone in attendance must purchase a ticket. WIAA does not allow free passes into the game. Below is the link to purchase tickets. You will be able to purchase tickets at the gate via your phone, however purchasing ahead of time will allow you to get into the game quicker. There will not be any ticket sales at the gate so purchasing your ticket ahead of time guarantees you will get into the game.
• Full Schedule.........Mark Your Calendar
• Prayers for the families of departed Angels......
• Prayers for Alumni & Friends dealing with Health issues:
Dave Bulik '71 dealing A-Fib condition.
Mark Pawzun '75 dealing with teeth alignment problems - fitted for braces.
Janet Grant '60 - dealing with Medical issues.
Barb (Bohn) Jarapko '60 dealing with health issues.
Jim May has an ankle issue and is using a cane. The May family is gathering in Ft Myers to see Ben May '00 Umpire in the Grapefruit League.
Dick Peterson now dealing with Hernia - surgery not an option - back to VA.
Rick Cramer '60 had a stroke and dealing with serious health issues.
Al Mollerskov rehabbing from Knee Replacement Surgery - getting ready for retirement golf and a periodic trips to Potawatomi.
Don Heck '63 diagnosed with NOH (neurogenic orthostatic hypotension). After 3 or 4 minutes of standing, he gets very weak and light header. This disease is not curable but you can learn to adjust your life and work around the issues.
Don Heck in addition to his above health issues - visiting family in Florida - now has Covid and is in the hospital with pneumonia.
Tommy Pulda '72 rehabbing Heart Surgery after value replacement surgery.
Mary Woitach '59 dealing with chronic knee issues & fell recently at home. - Rumor -Not true about Joe pushing her aside to get to the refrigerator.
Marie Welsh fell on the ice recently and is using a cane - nothing broken.
Dave O'Brien '58 recovering from eye surgery.
Joe Ingrasci '64 dealing with trimmers results of his service in Vietnam.
Larry Benjamin '61 rehabbing from Knee Replacement Surgery in Scottsdale AZ.
Cathy Poulsen recently slipped on the ice - nothing broken, says everything is OK.
• Special Prayers for Chris & Sue Gorman's grandson Eli rehabbing from Brain Surgery.
Eli is the son of their daughter Caitlin '03.
• Others Needing Prayers:
Ron Bentz, Bob Letsch, Jack Kelley, Bob Garrity, Gary Schonert, Kathy (Hackl) Wirtz,
Jim Poulsen, Dick Peterson, Mickey Postorino, Dave O"Brien, Helen (Willems) Miller,
Mike O'Brien, Mickey Postorino, Dick Albregts' wife, Rudy Weibel's wife, Tom Krug’s wife,
Del Alton's wife, Bill Halberstadt's wife, Dan Peterson's wife, Pat (Peters) Obernberger
* St Patrick's Day - Friday Mar 17th
• Easter - Sunday April 9th
• Brenda White's Last Day - Friday June 30th - Happy Retirement !!!
• Eleven-Player All-Star Game - Saturday July 15th, 12:00 Noon
Coach Dan Miller was chosen to be the head coach for the WFCA All-Star Game. https://www.wissports.net/news_article/show/1249639
• Schonert's Annual Picnic - Monday August 14th
Mar 6th - Mar 11th
Boys Basketball Friday night the Angels boys basketball team began their postseason play as they hosted Metro Classic Conference opponent Racine Lutheran in a regional basketball game. The Angels started out shooting well and held a 42-20 lead at halftime. In the 2nd half it was much of the same as the Angels were able to cruise to a 81-55 victory. Domonic Pitts and Davion Thomas-Kumpula each led the scoring with 16 points. Elijah Wray had 14 and Lamont Hamilton and Evan Moherek had 9 each. Saturday night the Angels boys basketball team continued their postseason journey as they hosted Big Foot in a regional finals game. The Angels started out shooting hot and continued it throughout the entire game as they were able to easily defeat Big Foot 73-37. Davion Thomas-Kumpula had a great night shooting as he led the Angels with 23 points. Evan Moherek added 15 and Lamont Hamilton and Domonic Pitts each had 11.
Digital Ticketing St. Catherine's has gone to digital ticketing for varsity football, girls volleyball (JV2, JV and varsity), boys volleyball (JV and varsity), girls basketball (JV and varsity), boys basketball (JV2, JV and varsity), wrestling (JV and Varsity) and all WIAA tournament events. See flyer below for more details. Please note that on days of varsity football games and boys basketball (JV2, JV and varsity) ticket sales will end at 2:00pm the day of the event. Anyone without a ticket will not be allowed entrance into the game.
Upcoming Angel Athletic Events Monday March 6th
Track and Field Practice Starts
Tuesday March 7th
No games/matches/meets scheduled
Wednesday March 8th
No games/matches/meets scheduled
Thursday March 9th
Boys basketball vs. St. Thomas More @ Greenfield High School @ 7:00pm
Friday March 10th
No games/matches/meets scheduled
Saturday March 4th
Boys Basketball vs. TBD @ Waukesha South High School @ TBD (If Win Thursday)
Be Safe - Be Healthy - Be Positive