Big Thanks to Terry Toll and Tom Konieczko for sponsoring lunch today. They provided Beef Sandwiches, Potato Salad and Chips. O&H Kringle served as a snack & dessert thanks to Jim Rasmussen & Gary Schonert.
Tom Konieczko '65, Terry Toll '65 BR
Joining Us: Tom Konieczko, Terry Toll, Dan Kovara, Dan DeMatthew, Amy DeMatthew,
Gary Schonert, Jack Kelley, Terry Toll, Fr Ron Crewe, Bill Dombrowski, Dick Peterson,
Joe Woitach, Bobby Letsch, Bob Letsch, Rick Jones, John Ketarkus, George Gordon,
Joe Ingrasci, Pat (Ingrasci) Nielsen, Rick Ropiak, Dave Benjamin, Dan Bentz, Dan Petersen, Dan Miller, Mike Hyduke. Don Klemt, Marie Welsh, Dave O'Brien, Frank D'Acquisto,
* Dick Peterson remained in the Christmas spirit, with his Red Hat and a Candy Cane hanging off each ear !
Dick Peterson '52
• Chris Gorman '77 & Mike Hammes '60 P are off to Florida. They just happened to be taking the same flight out of Milwaukee - Couple of good=looking young guys headed to warmer weather to play a little golf and enjoy the sun. Yes, Chris's wife was taking the photo.
Chris Gorman '77, Mike Hammes '60 P
• John "JB" Busey & his son Ryan '16 were at the Cotton Bowl game today. Ryan was a grad asst. on Tulane's Basketball staff a few years back. Great win for Tulane over USC.
• Packer Pool - Sunday's winner was Terry Toll.
• Cribbage: Table #1 Teams - Bobby Letsch/ CWood, Dave Benjamin/ Rick Ropiak lost two in a row to Bob Letsch/ Dave O'Brien - Benjamin/Ropiak won the 3rd game - Bobby Letsch/Wood were "Skunked "Back to Back" in games and avoided a "Skunk" in the other game by 1 peg. Benjamin/O'Brien left and Letsch/Wood won the next game by 3 pegs. The Letsch/Ropiak team won the next game. Wood stepped aside for Frank D'Acquisto who teamed with Bobby Letsch only to lose the next two games.
Tough start to 2023 for both Bobby 1-5 & CW 1-3 They were "Skunked" twice - Twice I say !!!
Table #2: The George Gordon and Don Klemt teamed to defeat Mike Hyduke and Dan DeMatthew 3-2 in their games.
• Angels Making the News.............
Ben May '00 is the son of Jim '59 and Carol (Rabe) '59 May
• Racine News............
• Catch Boys HS Basketball with Dick Graceffa '69 "Play by Play"
Friday, January 6th, Burlington Demons host the Union Grove Broncos.
The game audio will be streamed live on Mixlr. Listeners can hear the stream online at https://dgsports.mixlr.com/events/1693339 or on the Mixlr app (click on Listen and enter DGSports in the search box), available free for iOS or Android. The game will also be archived at dgsports.mixlr.com or on the app.
• Full Schedule.........Mark Your Calendar
• Reminder: if you plan to attend SCHS Winter Sporting event................
Digital Ticketing St. Catherine's has moved to digital ticketing for all volleyball (JV2, JV and varsity), varsity football, basketball (JV2, JV and varsity) and any WIAA tournament games. No cash will be accepted at the gate. See flyer below for more details. Please note that on days of varsity football games and boys basketball (JV2, JV and varsity) ticket sales will end at 2:00pm the day of the event. Anyone without a ticket will not be allowed entrance into the game.
• Prayers for the families of departed Angels......
• Prayers for Alumni & Friends dealing with Health issues:
Dave Bulik '71 dealing A-Fib condition.
Mark Pawzun '75 dealing with teeth alignment problems - fitted for braces.
Tom Goebel '61 dealing with Shingles.
Roger DeMark dealing with Vertigo - seeing doctors.
Joe Ingrasci '64 twisted and strained a muscle in his back.
Janet Grant '60 is dealing with Chemo for Blood Cancer.
Ed DeMeulenaere has Knee Replacement Surgery out of rehab.
Barb (Bohn) Jarapko '60 dealing with health issues.
Ray Organ '56 fell at home, spent time in hospital, back home - OK
Reported that Bob Garrity and Jim Poulsen are doing better.
Rick Jones '73 H, his shoulder is getting stronger.
George Gordon deal with Neuropathy, Back issues.
Jack Kelley '58 H still dealing with throat issue, difficult to speak.
Jim May has an ankle issue and is using a cane.
Ryan Andersen dealing with Rheumatoid Arthritis in his hands.
Rob Zirbel not using his cane at this time.
Chris Gorman still rehabbing his ankle.
Dick Peterson now dealing with Hernia - surgery not an option.
Rick Cremer '60 dealing with health issues.
Al Mollerskov rehabbing from Knee Replacement Surgery.
Pat (Ingrasci) Nielsen asked that CW be put on the prayer list for his weak laughs he was getting on his jokes to start the new year !!!
* Special Prayers for Chris & Sue Gorman's grandson Eli rehabbing at home after his 7hrs of Brain Surgery. Eli is the son of their daughter Caitlin '03.
* Others Needing Prayers:
Ron Bentz, Bob Letsch, Bob Garrity, Gary Schonert, Kathy (Hackl) Wirtz, Jim Poulsen,
Dick Peterson, Mickey Postorino, Dave O"Brien, Helen Miller, Tom Konieczko,
Mike O'Brien, Dick Albregts' wife, Rudy Weibel's wife, Tom Krug’s wife,
Dick Heidenreich's wife, Bill Halberstadt's wife, Dan Peterson's wife,
Pat (Peters) Obernberger
* Boys Basketball - Monday January 16th
We are happy to announce that the Angels varsity boys basketball team will be playing at the Fiserv Forum again this year. The game will be played on Monday January 16th against Prescott at 5:50pm. In order for the team to play at Fiserv we are required to sell a minimum of $3,000 worth of tickets to the Bucks game, which will be occurring at 1:30pm that same day against the Indiana Pacers. I have attached the flyer that can be used to purchase Bucks tickets for that day. Deadline to purchase tickets with this flyer is December 16th. Please note, St. Catherine's does not set the Bucks ticket prices, nor receive any of the funds from the sale of the tickets. We simply are in charge of getting the ticket options out for purchase so the basketball team can play at Fiserv
There is NO COST to get into the Angels varsity boys basketball game and you ARE NOT required to go to the Bucks game beforehand to attend the Angels varsity boys basketball game. If you plan to attend the Bucks game, you must purchase a ticket to the Bucks game for you and anyone else attending with you.
Please note the below from the Bucks in regards to what will occur after the Bucks game.
We will not permit any equipment or gear into the Bucks game. Following the Bucks game, all players, coaches, and fans must exit along with the rest of the crowd. We will reopen the doors for high school teams and coaches at 5:00 pm. We will reopen the doors for high school fans at 5:30 pm. The game will tip off at approximately 5:50 pm.-
* Valentines - Tuesday Feb 14th
* Easter - Sunday April 9th
* Eight-Player All-Star Game - Friday, July 14th: 6:00 p.m.
Coach Dan Miller was chosen to be the head coach for the WFCA All-Star Game. https://www.wissports.net/news_article/show/1249639
* Schonert's Annual Picnic - Monday August 14th
Dec 26th - Dec 31st
Girls Basketball The Angels girls basketball team did not have any events this week. Boys Basketball Wednesday night at Carthage in the Holiday Hoops Classic the Angels boys basketball team played extremely well all night as they were able to defeat Brown Deer 78-61. Evan Moherek led all scorers with 25 points, including 18 in the first half. Dominic Pitts and Davion Thomas-Kumpula were each able to add 11 points for the Angels. Thursday night, playing their 2nd day in a row at Carthage, the Angels had no trouble as they were able to easily defeat Kenosha Reuther 88-36. All 16 players were able to play and each scored at least 2 points. DJ Carr led all scorers with 14 points. Evan Moherek had 13, Eddie Vinson Jr had 8, Lamont Hamilton and Javion Herron each had 7 and Da’Ron Robinson had 5.
Wrestling The St. Catherine’s/Lutheran/Catholic Central wrestling team did not have any events this week.
Swiming The PSC Aquatics swim team did not have any events this week.
Upcoming Angel Athletic Events Monday January 2nd
No games/matches/meets scheduled
Tuesday January 3rd
No games/matches/meets scheduled
Wednesday January 4th
Boys Basketball @ Westosha Central @ 7:00pm
Thursday January 5th
Girls Basketball vs. Elkhorn @ 7:00pm
Friday January 6th
Boys Basketball vs. Racine Lutheran @ 7:00pm
Saturday January 7th
Wrestling @ Kenosha Bradford @ 9:30am
Girls Basketball @ Racine Lutheran @ 4:00pm
Be Safe - Be Healthy - Be Positive